The IAJU Conference on International Education of Jesuit Higher Education Institutions will be hosted by Universidad Loyola Andalucía, in Seville, Spain, in September 19-21, 2022. The international gathering will seek to continue advancing the collaboration on international education among all universities, colleges and faculties around the world.
This Conference aims at addressing the challenges and opportunities in international education that all the Jesuit Higher Education Institutions have in common, a crucial task specially after Covid-19.
The International Conference in Seville will be the second time the group responsible for international relations in Jesuit Higher Education Institutions (JHEI) around the world officially gather. In 2019 the group met in the Universidad Iberoamericana de Puebla, Mexico.
The Conference will seek the following objectives:
• to reflect on how the international affairs areas can promote the Universal Apostolic Preferences of the Society of Jesus, especially in light of the new challenges that the Covid-19 poses for the internationalization of JHEI;
• to discuss funding opportunities that can support our global collaborations and networking;
• to exchange good practices and know-how in international education strategies, organization and programs among the institutions;
• to facilitate networking among the participants by organizing an exhibition where the institutions can show their opportunities for international collaboration and identify possible partners;
• to review the status of the Magis Exchange Program and identify new areas of collaboration, either at the global level or between some of the regional higher education networks;
• to discuss the conclusions of the IAJU Boston College Assembly that will take place in August 2022.